What are the studio policies?
- All purchases of classes and packages hold a 3-month purchase value.
- There will be a full charge for classes or sessions that are not cancelled within a 24-hour period.
- For safety and hygiene, all clients must wear sticky socks. Available for purchase at the studio.
- Please avoid wearing pants with buttons and zippers. No jeans. Wear comfortable clothing that you can move in and breathe in, and so that we can see the body to correct your alignment.
- Regularity of Practice: For optimal results and wellness, we recommend practicing three times per week. Please remember that Classical Pilates and GYROTONIC® are a practice, therefore having consistency is vital. A regular and consistent practice will accelerate your results and enhance your overall health.
- Please do not arrive more than ﬁve minutes before your session or class. We have an intimate studio and for the privacy of your sessions and those before you, please respect the time and arrive just before your scheduled appointment.
- When you arrive at Urban Body San Jose, please remove your shoes, put on your sticky socks and silence your cell phone.
- We provide a changing area, water and sweat towels for your convenience.
- All classes and packages for sessions must be paid for when scheduling. We strongly advise that you book your sessions and classes out a minimum of two months out as our studio is a fully booked studio and we want to make sure you are able to get your practice.
- We accept checks and cards as payment.
- All classes and packages purchased are nonrefundable and expire within 3 months of purchase.
- Only clear liquids allowed in the studio.
What is The Gyrotonic Method?
The GYROTONIC® Method is a unique, holistic approach to movement. Benefits of
regular practice include a healthier spine, increased range of motion, greater joint
stability, improved agility and greater athletic performance. The GYROTONIC®
Method is practiced in duet or private classes under the instruction of a qualified
GYROTONIC® Trainer. With GYROTONIC® exercises, each movement flows into
the next, allowing the joints to move through a natural range of motion without jarring
or compression. These carefully crafted sequences create balance, efficiency, strength
Source: GYROTONIC® Website
What is Classical Pilates?
Classical Pilates is an exercise method developed by Joseph Pilates nearly a century ago. The practice is a system of exercises using special apparatus designed to improve physical strength, flexibility and posture and enhance mental awareness. Classical Pilates focuses on a systematic approach to conditioning the body. It is a safe and corrective form of movement focusing on a series of
mat exercises and exercises with various pieces of apparatus such as the Reformer, Wunda Chair, Cadillac, High Chair, and Tower/Wall unit. There are also other pieces of apparatus such as the Magic Circle, the Foot Corrector and the Toe Corrector to name a few. Urban Body San Jose is a fully equipped Classical studio with top of-the-line equipment. The work emphasizes both
precision and flow exercises with the equipment working both control and stamina. During your practice, you will learn the six principles of Pilates: Concentration, Control, Centering, Breath, Precision and Flow.
What does being a BREATH studio mean?
WE are a BREATH based studio! Why do we BREATHE? Breath and movement
should go hand in hand. At Urban Body San Jose, you will learn to breathe and
stimulate your nervous system in a way that will make you healthier and a more
powerful and happy human being. Classical Pilates and GYROTONIC® not only make
you physically fit and strong, but also mentally strong as the work requires you to be
present for the ultimate mind body connection to bring balance to your life.
How do I pay for my sessions?
Privates, Duets and Trios are scheduled and paid for in studio with your trainer.
Small Group Sessions are booked and paid for online through Mind Body.